Friday, December 17, 2004

now you know why i called it "nonsense"

i was on the phone with eli the other night. i told him that i thought i might be the kind of person that will never be happy. he agreed with me. i wanted to be surprised but really i wasn't.
we got off of the phone and i thought about it some more.

a few months ago i had a conversation with a friend and we agreed that people never really change. at first i tried to argue against the idea but i knew i was wrong.
i thought about that some more, too.

and here i am now.
still thinking.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nah, people do change, sometimes rather dramatically.

As for never being happy. I've been through three sucide attempts and several years of clinical depression, if anyone was gonna be permanently unhappy it'd be me. Again, it doesn't work like that. Nothing's constant.

Anonymous said...

Hello, this is a mystery person leaving you a mysterious message::: it is difficult imagining being a happy person... someone once said to me that I just need to focus on being content- and not wish for happiness, as long as I am content, I can be ok. Look around you, do you realistically see happy people? They may seem happy, maybe because they are overdosing on pills, prozac, etc... but most people are just trying to live their lives one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

I don't really remember a conversation in which I came to a conclusion that you were the kind of person that would never be happy? I think you are happy sometimes and not happy sometimes. You do seem, however, to be on a rollercoaster, or maybe a dunebuggy of discontent.

-HAPPY

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna, it's High Energy Jenny. Your post is so sad! Glad to see you at knitting tonight!

I stopped trying to be "happy" but instead to find contentedness, and this seems somehow much better. Happiness comes and goes, but a level of contentment about where you are can be much more constant...

Anonymous said...

I think you have to do something that you feel is important. Being fulfilled and happy seem to grow from finding purpose to your actions and meaning in your life.