Monday, March 14, 2005

dreams: part one (mirror, mirror)

i have this one recurring dream. actually, it's just a recurring theme really as the dream usually starts out differently every time.

eventually, however, it comes to this: i find myself in front of or passing by a mirror and i see my reflection. something seems a little off and i start to feel nervous but i stop for a better look in the mirror anyway. i move my head a little. my reflection moves with me. i make another small movement and my reflection follows suit but something is still wrong and i'm scared at this point. something about my eyes in the mirror or maybe it's that my reflection seems to somehow be smirking at me in a very mocking and sinister way. i can't figure it out and i'm really frightened by now but i can't bring myself to look away from the damn mirror.

i make another movement and this time the strangeness is more apparent. the movement of my reflection is a little out of synch and there's still that odd malicious glint in my eyes when i look at them. but maybe it's only in my head? i make a move to turn away and can't because it's not in my head. my reflection has decided to give up all pretenses of simply being a reflection and is now mocking my movements.

it sees how freaked out i am and smiles. now it's not even bothering to mock me- all of it's motions are completely it's own. i really want to get the hell out of there by this point because it is very obvious to me that jenna-the-reflection has something not very nice planned for me that she thinks is pretty fucking amusing and i am not interested in finding out what it is. but i can't leave. part of me is too terrified to turn my back on her and part of me is curious to see what she/i will do next.

unless i wake up first, the next part of the dream involves my reflection somehow getting me to approach the mirror either by beckoning me closer or by breaking free from the mirror plane and physically pulling me towards her. it seems that she wants to pull me into the land of reflections and i am panicking by this point because, from what i can tell, that place is seriously evil.

i can't remember if i've ever actually made it through to the other side of the mirror, but i don't think i have. i must either wake up or manage to escape before that happens. in any case, i have a complaint to make about this dream. why the fuck can't i have a recurring dream about drinking margaritas on the beach or some shit? what's this crap about evil reflections!?

don't worry, i don't need you to analyze it's meaning for me. that much is obvious enough. what i do want to figure out is how to turn my dream around so that i can beat the crap out of that evil refection bitch when she tries to pull that "ha,ha, you can't even control your own refection shit". now that would be cool. i'd teach her a lesson in how a reflection should properly behave and afterwards i could wander down to the beach and drink some margaritas and reflect on how cool and in control i am. which, of course, i am in real life. totally in control. right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I used to live in a room full of mirrors,
All I could see was me.
Then I took my spirit and I smashed my mirrors,
and now the whole world is here for me to see.
Now I�'m searching for my love to be..."

-J. Hendrix

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna, that sounds scary! I think it's time you go to Home Depot and buy mirror squares, they are about 10" x 10", and you can zig zag them across the wall, so when you look in the mirror, you will be confused as opposed to freaked out. Love, Camille